Friday, September 10, 2010

Wow, what a night!!

Most would think oh, she must have gone on a date with her husband after a comment like that. No, sorry to disappoint you all. As a mother of a child with special needs I continue to savor each little accomplishment Andrew makes. You know, the ones that everyone with a "typical" child takes for granted. Well, when Andrew gains a new accomplishment it is cause for our whole household to have a moment of celebration!

A friend of mine gave us a toddler car bed for Andrew. As I drove home with it in the truck I thought, hmmm I wonder if he will be safe in it? Andrew's room has an "L" shaped alcove that the bed fit nicely into. Jessica and I arranged all his stuffed animals around the 3 sides. Yup, Jess and I were pretty proud of what we came up with. She was just as excited to notice there would still be room for her to sleep with him on the weekends. I did wonder how he would get off  the bed in the morning.

When bedtime came I tucked him into his new car bed. He woke up twice in the night, but did not move from where he was put. When I heard him this morning I looked and he had (somehow) gotten out of bed and was walking aroundt his room. I had placed the dog bed he was sleeping on in front of the car so he must have crawled down the little slope onto the dog bed and that was that.

We will wait to see what tonight brings.......but maybe we have something good started here. There is even room for his dog!

No comments:

Post a Comment