Thursday, May 6, 2010

Making the good Great and the Bad better

Each day comes and goes, and you take the good and make it the best you can, and try to take the 'not-so-good' and turn it into something better. Andrew continues to progress, and his AFO's have now been made into SMO's. Instead of the brace stopping below his knee they cut it down to just above his ankle. This is awesome news for Andrew! He is getting stronger and his balance while walking alone improves each day. Andrew will be 3 soon and with that comes many unwanted changes. Unwanted by me, not Andrew. He will be transitioning to the school district and I will be losing two of the people who have helped me with Andrew since he was only a few months old. This transition is a hard one for Andrew because he now recognizes Michelle and Jan. I think it is the hardest on me. I have come to rely on their advice and friendship. I know Andrew will continue to succeed and progress, but these people will miss out on all of his new gains. I have Alyssa, Shannon and Sara that I get to "keep" and for that I am grateful. So my worry lies with my Dad and his ongoing medical condition. I have hope that one of these days we will find out why he is still coughing and not able to eat. So as I run theories through my head none are what he has. He is now waiting for his blood to thicken so they can do an EGD. We are in hopes that tomorrow he will be able to have the EGD done. I ask that everyone who reads this blog keep my Dad in their thoughts and prayers. Mother's Day will be here soon and I want to be sure my Mom knows how much I love her and how much I believe in her!!

No comments:

Post a Comment